Dude, I was just thinking about that finish, like 15 minutes ago! Seriously . . . I was going to search it out on youtube and watch it again. That is wild.
That was the year I started riding. I read an interview with Kelley about the race and I still remember the exact words he said, "I took every risk imaginable" about how he won the race on the descent when Argentin was much stronger than he.
To this day, Roche, Kelley, Alcala, Ekimov, those were the true 'men' of cycling to me.
4 comments:
Dude, I was just thinking about that finish, like 15 minutes ago! Seriously . . . I was going to search it out on youtube and watch it again. That is wild.
I saw it on drunkcyclist the other day and had to cross post since I've been thinking about you and racing.
It got me excited too.
I believe that Kelly probably wasn't a doper either. Argentin--not so much. . . .
That was the year I started riding. I read an interview with Kelley about the race and I still remember the exact words he said, "I took every risk imaginable" about how he won the race on the descent when Argentin was much stronger than he.
To this day, Roche, Kelley, Alcala, Ekimov, those were the true 'men' of cycling to me.
Post a Comment