particularly "chippy" press breifing from our esteemed white house spokesperson, Scott McClellan
today. my favorite part of the transcript is as follows:
Q Okay. Going back to John's question about truthfulness, you replied our relationship is based on trust and we all think that you are truthful to us. So in light of that, if we go back to that October 2003 question, in reply to which you said that you'd spoken with Scooter Libby and Karl Rove and they'd assured you that they were not involved in this, aren't you sort of mad as all get out that you were set up, hung out to dry?
MR. McCLELLAN: I appreciate the question. It's another question relating to an ongoing investigation. Again, there is a lot of speculation. There are many facts that simply are not known at this point to the larger public -- they're facts that the President doesn't know, they're facts that I don't know. The special prosecutor is continuing to move forward on this investigation; let's let him do his work.
Q She asked you, aren't you unhappy that you had to come out and tell us that.
MR. McCLELLAN: She was asking me a question about an ongoing investigation and --
Q Those are facts you would know.
MR. McCLELLAN: I appreciate the relationship that you and I have in this room --
Q Well, we want your credibility to be intact.
MR. McCLELLAN: And I think it is. Go ahead.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
yeah, sounds credible to me.
Oct 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
the chicken are coming home to roost, I believe.
What??
another way of saying that this current Presidential admin is going down in flames.
mclellan has to be the biggest toady in the history of the world. i dunno how a guy could maintain any self respect flying the flag for this bunch of yahoos (the current administration)day after day after day. especially when your basically just dodging bullets all day ... it truly amazes me. i don't think i could do it - no matter what the pay.
Post a Comment