well folks that was damn fun. good good times in the park. around town. around and around out of town. quintessential nebraska fall weather ... damn, it doesn't get much better. and i wasn't so hung over that i couldn't enjoy some of grandma's homemade apple pie on sunday. gotta give her props man, 85 years old, fighting cancer for 3 years, and still busts out the golden goodness for me when i come back. love it. i think the hardest thing for her is keeping grandpa out of it before i get there. heheh.
a sampler: oh, about 8 beers into the walton leg of the ride me and coach are sitting on the bridge just past walton checking out the moon, and um, stuff. thinking about getting motivated and continuing to nine mile hut. and one of those women that i didn't know (she told me her name was jane later) pulls up on a 10 speed. so all three of us start to roll. well, she pulls up next to me and coach says that him and her have decided to drop the hammer ... ok? we wound it up pretty good there for awhile, just jammin', talking a little. and then we see taillights of folks that are already up at nine mile ... jane looks over at me and it goes sorta like this ...
Jane: I see lights up there.
Me: Yup, must be nine mile hut.
Jane: (in a super sultry voice) ... Race ya for it ...
Coach: (just laughs)
then she shifted, stood up and just took off. i could barely hang on with that 2x1 gear on the singlespeed. she was killing me. seriously. ask coach. he saw it. that is an undiscovered womens state time trial contender, i tell you what. oh yeah, i botched the sprint and she won.
so we pull up to the hut just in time to see the elder brother gilbert chasing a cow at full sprint (both of them, him and the cow) under a full moon. that was one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen. and then a bottle rocket almost hit me in my eye-hole.
yeah, purty good. thats the end of the story by the way.
best quote of the evening, as we were dancing in the middle of the trail outside of walton. i saw Hoss had fallen (or something) and cut his elbow all up. i asked him what happened and he simply replied.
"some guy named jesus ran me over."
i don't remember much after that. except dancing some more on the trail and then rolling back towards town solo and stopping to take a nap right before 84th street. ok, really i passed out for like 20 minutes on a little hillside. the moon looked soooo cooool. coach, ma, mw, and butch all rolled by and i woke up to ride back to dub's house to get my truck.
sorry to all of those that i didn't get to say goodbye to. but then again, it is me we're talking about .... what'd you expect?
Oct 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
dude,
good to see ya this weekend,
Man,
I don't remember much of the hut till you mentioned that. I was cross eyed most of the way out.
and back
and the next day...
good times man
good times,
5 more days and it's all game on again...
wana go?
you gonna feed my gasoline habit if i come back. and you gotta talk our GB Lenny into coming up from tejas, Yo.
didn't get tot talk to you much but it was good to see you back.
you too thad, wish we coulda chatted some more but you know, the chaos of the day prevailed. funny how that happens.
say man, you piqued my interest on a couple of fronts when you were talking to wills about your latest listening habits ... shoot me a line here naming names if you get a chance. or send an email.
Dave,
you come back again next weekend, for the pub crawl. I'll take up a collection for gas $$$
if I don't get any donations. I'll fill that fucker up myself just to hang with you again.
thanks for commin buddy,
and if you don't come back this weekend,
good luck at your cross race up there.
Good to see you in the park. Ive got a couple sets of Bonty stickers left. I will take a couple of photo's if you are interested.
Great Blog. I stop in Daily.
those Walton rides are so nice in the fall.
I saw that folks were going further than walton and kept on going. I tried to catch to some lights up ahead.
It was you guys, I don't know too many of ya so I just rode with ya and kept quiet.
You guys were cruzin perty good and I was happy my drunk ass was keeping up. Then you took off like bats out of hell. I gave up and slowed down. Good thing it was not much farther to the hut.
Some day i will be able to keep up.
The cows were pissed off, it was funny.
One eye the whole way back whoooooooooo
Post a Comment