Oct 25, 2005

go maggie go!!!

ok, its official, Magnus Backstedt is now my resident hero in the european professional peloton. he's making a run at the "paced" hour record (derny assisted) later this week.

great interview with him here talking about his season and prep. for the attempt.

best quote: "We are probably looking at a 59 or 60 front ring. As regards to the back, I am not too sure yet but I am thinking I am going to run a 13."

yeah. stud.

3 comments:

mw said...

60x13. that's a gear!

sda said...

something like 125 gear inches or shit. thats nuts. the record is just over 66 km.s .... thats like a 42 avg (or thereabouts) for an hour.

say what?

S. Smith said...

what did you usually run as a Cat 2? I've heard most guys these days are running 54-11s. the gears keep getting larger, its scary, especially in time trials.
Dope + Big Gears=Fast Times

that will be the name of my next blog.

 
----------------- ------------------